Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Games Design - Card Based System

For the first project in Games Design we were given we were asked to design a card based game with rules and flow of play. The limits were :
  • A maximum of 60 cards
  • Playable by a minimum of 2 players
  • Games should last no more than 20 minutes and no less than 5 minutes
  • No boards or figures are to be used, except for pen and paper for scoring
  • Game must be original
I decided to make my game based on superheroes because it was something I found myself interested in. I was watching the American T.V show "Heroes" and also playing an MMORPG P.C game called "City of Heroes".

Above is a sheet of the character cards I designed, I wanted them to be jokey ad not serious at all, and thats where the obvious sounding names come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home